So yesterday Owen turned three years old. I have no idea where the time has gone. That means that I have been staying home for three crazy. Well this weekend we celebrated the big three at my mom's house. We had a pirate party, the pool was open and it was 88 degrees so we had perfect weather. I didn't really go all out with the decorating like Kate's party because I didn't really want to drag everything three hours south. Plus there was so much wind that nothing would have stayed up. The few balloons that I did have didn't survive very long. But we did have a treasure hunt. I made a treasure chest (which I neglected to get a picture of) and Kevin wrote out the clues that lead the kids all over the yard. They did a really good job of following the very piratey clues that Kevin gave. I am not sure I could have followed them. Then we had a pirate ship cake and about twice as many people as we thought we were going to have. Well it was the opening weekend of the pool being open for the first time so I think my mom wanted to have a party anyway. I did make Owen a little pirate outfitt and made hats and eye patches for the kids to wear. Of course they only wore them on the treasure hunt because well they couldn't wear them in the pool. All in all the party was a success.

Thanks again Mom for letting us invade your house for our pirate fun.

Here is super Owen after opening his presents.

Our little pirate about to eat his pirate ship cake, hey dad even helped me with this one. The first time he has been there for decorating time.

Here are the little pirates all ready for the treasure hunt. Don't they look cute in there gear.

Here is the picture of the pirate ship that mama got him. Not sure if it will fit in our pool or not so right now it is still at Mama and Papas.
I know this is a forever long post, the reason we had the party down south was becuase we were already going to be down there for Alicia's shower. So I thought I would put a picture in here of her. Although she may kill me she is not feeling to cute.
Happy Birthday Owen!! Sorry I have completely lost track of the days...and nights.
ReplyDelete