Saturday, September 25, 2010

A sewing spree.

Well I think I am trying to procrastinate from making the last Christmas quilt top. Mind you the other three are not quilted yet either. But there was the kcwc by Elsie Marley. So I thought I would join along. The Halloween skirt was first. Then I got a pattern to make the peter pan collar coat from DMK. I wanted to use this great corduroy that I found but ofcourse didn't have enough then I remembered this great wool jumper I found at a thrift store(ok goodwill). I luckily had just enough it was like it was waiting to be transformed. And here is is.


I think that the red gives it a great pop of color. I am really happy with it being my first coat. I am going to make a pea coat for Owen sometime. I have another black wool jumper that should work out great.
Then today I decided that I really wanted to make the paper waste skirt from make it and love it.
So I pulled out the corduroy from before and I really like it. I only used one layer unlike the tutorial just becuase I think that the corduroy gives it enough stiffness. So here are the pictures of it.


One of these days I will take pictures of the quilt tops that I have made. Before christmas definitley.

No comments:

Post a Comment