Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary and what I have been working on.

So today marks the anniversary of being married to a wonderful man who lets me do just about anything I want to for eight great years. Love you babe and here is to many more. (not that he reads my blog anyway but it had to be said) He even found child care for tonight so we can go to dinner by ourselves. He is really good at doing stuff like that I am not so considerate in that department. Maybe that is why we work so well together.
So onto what I have been up to. Since I finished Owens quilt I have been on the search for fabric for Kate's quilt. I finally settled on the new urban circus line. Kate really likes it. I have a few other fabric to go with it right now and need to pick up a few more am not sure the brown works with the group what do you think. Here are the choice so far.


Here are a few of the blocks done for her quilt. They are in the fabric that I still don't know if it goes. So again what do you think? I really like the dogs they are my favorite and this fabric is so cute. Maybe if I just place them sporadically around they won't clash too bad.



This is the other block that I really liked and it will be going in a quilt for either my mom or motherinlaw. (sorry I was bad and didn't iron as I went for this one I just was in a hurry to see what it would look like the others I will I promise)
They don't read her either so this won't spoil anything. I really like this block it is a lot more work than the other block though, it does end up a bit bigger in the end too. You do have to be much more precise while making it. I am going to do a rainbow of colors for this one and each block has to different fabrics. I guess I better get back to work. I have a lot of pieces to cut out. My plan is to make a quilt for each family for christmas we will have to wait and see how that turns out though we are a lot closer to christmas than I would like for that to happen.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!! Hope you have a good evening out!

    ReplyDelete