Monday, July 11, 2011

Our first Camping trip

The week before the July 4th holiday Kevin took a staycation. We decided to take the kids on their very first camping trip. We were hoping to use our new to us camper. Alas the camping gods were not with us in this idea. The part we needed didn't come in on time so we were roughing it in the tents. Oh well Owen wanted to use his new tent anyway. We decided to head to the Dunes state park in Chesterton. And we decided to only stay one night. Being new to the kids melt downs in the great outdoors not my idea of fun. Plus I didn't want to leave the chickens too long. Wrong I know basing my life off the chickens. Anyway everyone had a great time. Although I did forget our pillows so we froze using the extra blanket as a pillow. (Now when I say our pillow and we froze I am referring to Kevin and I. The kids were perfectly happy with pillow pets and sleeping bags) We did put them in there own tent. Kind of scary for me, so I didn't sleep very well over that either. All in all a good trip though. Camping and beaching great.
A little roughing it never hurt anyone right.

Some campfire cooking.

Some Smores.

Some Beach.

The dogs definitely could have been more thrilled with the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment