Saturday, January 15, 2011

Birthday time..almost

The new year has come and gone and now it is time to start the birthday marathon. Now we are buried (okay I may be exagerating here but it feels like it)in snow and cold weather, I am so ready for spring. We have one birthday to celebrate every month from January-November. So the first will by Kevin's nephew. Then miss Kate is up. She had wanted a Princess party but we have already done that so I talked her into an Alice in wonderland un-birthday party. I know they are being overdone now adays but hey what can I say I am not original. I have been searching the thrift stores for older mismatched cups and saucers and have found a few teapots around the house. I have also started making some paper pom-poms and have found some paper lanterns. I hope when it is all done it will be cute. Who is to say for sure but I hope Kate loves it. Of course her birthday being so soon after Christmas makes gift giving impossible. This is a girl who doesn't need much, has a great imagination and makes what she does have work for any situation. So gift giving can be extremely hard. Oh I forgot the best part I made her an Alice dress to wear to her party. Ofcourse she is more interested in the hair bow than the dress but oh well. She is all about the small details should we say. Here is a picture of her dress just so this won't be a horribly boring post.
I have also been trying to work on my photography skills. I got a new to me lens for my birhtday so the kids have been tortured by me taking pictures every time they turn around. I don't think they are too scarred though. Sometimes they have some fun with it. Here are a few examples of my attempts.


a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj6cUlqChy9eKzDz4KHI3BiQft2G3iW6yxqD_DL7EmW5fie4VZhtUrWF1lU19Nkaysi57SxD4oEEk_wjiIhPW4J3qwH4fEZ6UBaQ0NwRnnX-3GnsVeCNB98Wc6CQtIyxKv4oStU2u3LnUNd/s1600/IMG_6714.JPG">

No comments:

Post a Comment